Black Locust Flower Jelly makes about 5-8oz jars
4 c. packed black locust flowers
3 c. boiling water
1. Pour the boiled water over the flowers, cover, and allow them to steep overnight.
2. Strain the flowers through a jelly bag, you will get about 3 c. of liquid.
2 1/2 c. black locust flower infusion
4 T lemon juice
1 box Sure-Jel pectin
4 c. sugar
3. Combine the infusion, lemon juice and pectin in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often.
4. Add all of the sugar at once, and stir. Bring back to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
5. Remove the jelly from the heat and ladle into sterilised jars. Simmer in a water bath for 10 minutes.
|Black locust flowers on the tree|