1 1/4 c. cookie crumbs
3 T sugar
5 T melted butter
15 oz container whole milk ricotta
7 T sugar
3 T flour
2 egg yolks
1 tsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
pinch of salt
2 egg whites
1 1/2 c. mulberries, washed
1. Make the crumb crust by mixing the crumbs with the sugar and melted butter. Press it into a 10" tart pan. Heat the oven to 325° F.
2. With a wooden spoon, mix the ricotta with the flour and sugar until well blended.
3. Add the egg yolks, lemon zest and pinch of salt and mix until combined.
4. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks, then fold them into the ricotta mixture gently. Pour into prepared tart crust.
5. Top the tart with the mulberries, pressing them gently into the batter. I snipped the stems off, but it is not required.